Note: The following text is a public domain translation published by the Official OmanVsCovid19 Twitter account.
Statement of the Supreme Committee
Within its continuous sessions held to address the developments caused by COVID-19 in the Sultanate, the Supreme Committee has examined the impact of the pandemic on private sector and evaluated the opportunities to enhance its resilience to the exceptional situation, therefore, the committee decided the following:
First: exempting licenses issued by the government entities of businesses mentioned in annex (1) which expired or will expire during the period from 1 June 2020 to 31 December 2021 from fines, provided to renew these businesses.
Second: exempting renewal procedure of related non-Omani labor cards from fines, for cards that have expired or will expire during the period from June 1st, 2020 to December 31, 2021 for those who will leave the Sultanate permanently or undergo the renewal process.
Third: exempting establishments and companies from fines imposed on non-renewal of business registers and licenses, provided to renew the registers and licenses in 2021.
Fourth: allowing business owners to renew expired work permits for workers outside the Sultanate and exempting them from fines incurred during the period from June 1, 2020 until December 31, 2021.
Fifth: exempting small and medium-sized enterprises from renewal fees of entrepreneurship cards for small and medium-sized enterprises for all business activities expired in 2021.
The Supreme Committee also decided the following procedures, valid until 31 December 2021:
– Granting a work permit (labor permit) as an alternative to a leaving worker for all categories as per the fee determined by category.
– Urging banks and finance companies to cooperate with affected borrowers, especially owners of SMEs (holders of Riyada Business Cards) to reschedule loans without rescheduling fees.
– Exempting small and medium-sized enterprises from registration fees in Isnad system of the Tender Board.
– Exempting small and medium-sized enterprises from land fees accorded by a right of usufruct and deferral on the payment of arrears.
– Deferral of loan payment of small and medium-sized enterprises for the activities described in the annex 1(holders of Riyada Business Cards) benefiting from the financing loans from Al Raffd Fund (previously).
– Exempting owners of small and medium-sized enterprises from rental fees for the activities described in annex 1) (holders of Riyada Business Cards) within the real estates owned by government entities.
– Exhibition Management
– Wedding Halls and Venues
– Fitness Centers includes Bodybuilding Gyms
– Festival Management
– Organization of Conferences and Symposia
– Tent Rental
– Rental of Event Supplies & Furniture
– Activities of Amusement and Games Parks
– Parties Event Management
– Hookah Lounges
– Travel Agencies
– Tour Operators
– Manpower Recruitment Services
– Heritage lodges
– Green Lodges
– Adventure Tourism
– Diving Training
– Equestrian Training Centres
– Rental of Mobile Touring Caravans
– Hotels, Motels and Resorts
– Hotel Apartments
– Primary Education Stage 1
– Primary Education Stage 2
– Post-primary Education
– Technical and Vocational Education
– Education of Persons with Disabilities
– Holy Quran Schools
– Hajj & Umrah Transportation