Note: The following text is a public domain translation published by the Official OmanVsCovid19 Twitter account.
Statement of the Supreme Committee
The Supreme Committee concerned with the developments of COVID-19, held a meeting this morning in the headquarter of the ministry of Interior, headed by His Excellency Sayyid Hamoud bin Faisal Al Busaidi, Minister of Interior, and in the presence of all its members, to follow up the developments of this pandemic, and to discuss the measures to prevent its spread.
– The Supreme Committee reviewed the preparations of the Sultan’s armed forces, the Royal Oman Police and other security agencies, to support the national effort to deal with this pandemic.
– In response to the benevolent national initiatives launched by many citizens, private institutions and civil society organizations to contribute to the national efforts to deal with this pandemic, and to consolidate the national efforts, it has been decided to open a bank account to receive financial donations under the supervision of the Ministry of Health and the details of which will be announced later.
– Due to the increase in the cases infected with Coronavirus (Covid 19) in several places in the Sultanate, it has been decided to activate the medical response, the public health and the relief and shelter sectors.
– The committee also decided to suspend all domestic and international flights to and from the Sultanate’s airports. starting at twelve noon on Sunday. March 29. 2020, with the exception of Musandam Governorate and air cargo flights.
– The committee also decided that the relevant authorities should arrange for the return, of those who wish to, of citizens abroad in general and students in particular and directed the authorities to arrange the institutional quarantine for them upon their return. It also stressed on using latest technical means to track the violators of the home quarantine to reduce the spread of the virus.
– Additionally. the committee instructed the relevant authorities to allocate special places to wash the dead bodies in all wilayats, and to deal with each body according to the risk infection requirements.
The Committee urges all members of society and institutions to adhere to the precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (Covid 19), and warns of the risks of home gatherings in spreading the epidemic.