We, Haitham bin Tarik, the Sultan of Oman
after perusal of the Basic Statute of the State,
and in pursuance of public interest,
have decreed as follows
The Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman is hereby formed under the chairmanship of His Highness Sayyid Taimur bin Asaad bin Tarik Al-Said and with the membership of the following:
– Minister of Economy as deputy chairman
– Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance
– Executive President of the Capital Market Authority
– Maqbool bin Ali bin Sultan Al-Lawati
– Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Salim Bahwan Al-Mukhaini
– Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Abri
The membership is for a period of five years from the date of entry into force of this decree.
All that is contrary to this decree, or in conflict with its provisions, is hereby repealed.
This decree shall be published in the Official Gazette, and comes into force on the date of its issuance.
Issued on: 12 Muharram 1442
Corresponding to: 10 September 2020
Haitham bin Tarik
Sultan of Oman
Published in Official Gazette 1357 issued on 13 September 2020.