Note: The following text is a public domain translation published by the Official OmanVsCovid19 Twitter account.
Statement of the Supreme Committee
In the framework of its continuous session, the Supreme Committee on COVID-19 has followed up the recent developments of the pandemic and measures to curb its spread. The Supreme Committee examined the epidemiological situation in the Sultanate of Oman in light of the latest data on the disease and the current figures of infections and hospitalized patients in hospitals and Intensive Care Units, which show a gradual decline of the pandemic. Therefore, the Committee decided the following:
1. Lifting all precautionary measures in all places and for all activities.
2. Community members shall continue their adherence to a precarious healthy lifestyle.
3. Persons suffering from fever or any respiratory symptoms shall stay at home and not to be in contact with others, while adhering to wearing face masks in case of contatcting them.
4. Urging everyone, especially the elderly, who suffer from chronic diseases and those with immunodeficiency, to adhere to wearing masks in closed places.
5. Encouraging citizens and residents to receive the booster dose of the vaccine.
The Committee thanks the citizens and residents for their cooperation and commitment to the precautionary measures and instructions, as they played a major role in achieving these positive developments.