We, Qaboos bin Said, the Sultan of Oman
after perusal of the Basic Statute of the State promulgated by Royal Decree 101/96,
the Banking Law promulgated by Royal Decree 114/2000,
and Royal Decree 37/2012 Forming the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman,
and in pursuance of public interest,
have decreed as follows
The Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman is hereby formed under the chairmanship of His Majesty the Sultan and with the membership of the following:
– Deputy Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Oman.
– Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance.
– Executive President of the Central Bank of Oman.
– Executive President of the Capital Market Authority.
– Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Salim Bahwan Al-Mukhaini.
– Dr Saif bin Abdullah bin Saif Al-Shidi.
The membership is for a period of 5 years from the date of entry into force of this decree.
All that is contrary to this decree, or in conflict with its provisions, is hereby repealed.
This decree shall be published in the Official Gazette, and comes into force on 11 June 2017.
Issued on: 14 Dhu Al-Hijja 1438
Corresponding to: 5 September 2017
Qaboos bin Said
Sultan of Oman
Published in Official Gazette 1209 issued on 10 September 2017.