We, Haitham bin Tarik, the Sultan of Oman
after perusal of the Basic Statute of the State,
and in pursuance of public interest,
have decreed as follows
The Defence Council is hereby formed under the chairmanship of the Supreme Commander the Sultan and with the membership of the following:
– Deputy Prime Minister for Defence Affairs.
– Minister of the Royal Office, Head of the Office of the Supreme Commander.
– Head of Liaison and Coordination in the Royal Office.
– Chairman of the Internal Security Service.
– Inspector General of Police and Customs.
– Chief of Staff of the Sultan’s Armed Forces.
Without prejudice to its other competences stipulated in the laws and royal decrees, the Defence Council has the authority to consider all issues relating to safeguarding and defending the safety of the Sultanate, and it convenes when it is deemed necessary to declare general mobilisation.
The aforementioned Royal Decree 105/96 is hereby repealed as well as all that is contrary to this decree, or in conflict with its provisions.
This decree shall be published in the Official Gazette, and comes into force on the date of its issuance.
Issued on: 11 Jumada Al-Thani 1442
Corresponding to: 25 January 2021
Haitham bin Tarik
Sultan of Oman
Published in Official Gazette 1377 issued on 31 January 2021.